48 - Cultivating Kindness in Kids
May 02, 2022
We all want our kids to grow up being kind and courteous. In this episode I talk with Teresa Ramirez, a motivational speaker and Kindness Koach. Listen to lots of fun ideas on how to promote kindness inside and outside your home.
Here's some of the ideas we talk about!
- Model it INSIDE your home
- Use Family Meetings to talk about how to be kind to each other
- Come up with a list of ideas from putting sweet notes in lunch boxes to doing surprise chores for some one
- Make a meal for everyone,
- Give an extra long hug, pick some flowers for someone
- Plan a "date" with one of your family members including taking care of the plans and making all the food
- Model it OUTSIDE your home
- Help neighbors, hold doors open, help someone with packages at a store, pick up garbage a a park
- Do service projects together - help at a fundraiser, work at a food pantry,
- Send letters or draw pictures to friends who are shut-in
- Visit a senior center
- Write fun and cheerful messages with sidewalk chalk outside your home
- Have a lemonade stand to raise funds for a charity or cause
To get to Teresa's Facebook Page and order your FREE BUBBLES OF JOY!:
JOURNEY IN KINDNESS
To read the full article from Happy Family Happy You: 38 ACTS OF KINDNESS
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to my website at www.parentingdecoded.com.
Have a blessed rest of your day!